Our national Customer Contact Team serves our customers throughout England, Wales and Scotland who are placing family announcements and items for sale within our classified advertising pages and on our leading announcements site . Our team also serves newspaper sales customers in relation to general enquiries, cancellations and new subscriptions. Therefore the ability to deal with a wide range of calls is essential.
We will be considering candidates looking to work either full time or part time hours for this position.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- React promptly to all incoming calls with a polite and professional manner, with the ability to show empathy and adhere to the pattern of the sale throughout.
- To demonstrate high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with customer enquiries and complaints.
- Maximise on all sales opportunities for both advertising and newspaper sales.
- Complete all outbound calls as requested by manager, to maximise on newspaper sales renewals, debt management and Direct Debit conversions.
- Subscribing customers to their chosen newspaper.
- Dealing with cancellation calls and where possible retaining customers.
- Renewing customer subscriptions incl. converting a customer onto direct debit.
- General subscription queries - incl. financial issues.
- Maintain working relationships with internal and external customers.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for positive, enthusiastic individuals with exceptional people skills and the ability to deal with a wide range of customers. Excellent communication skills and the ability to handle objections effectively will help you to succeed in this role. You must be comfortable working in a KPI-driven environment, working towards set targets and objectives. Excellent spelling and grammar is essential and the ability to display excellent attention to detail.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday (pro-rata for part-time), bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.