• To identify, lead and implement new business opportunities and medium- long term growth strategies for the region.
• To support the growth of our client's revenue and EBITDA in the region through sales excellence, execution and new business acquisition.
• Comply at all times with the client's Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Identify new business development opportunities and work with Commercial Managers and other stakeholders to identify a delivery plan for growth in quality earnings across the region.
• Design and deliver strategic projects and master plans across the region to facilitate top line growth.
• Develop and define project scope, objectives and work with the Commercial Programme Manager to deliver cost effective and efficient solutions to meet customer requirements.
• Lead contract negotiations with key stakeholders and customers.
• Act at all times as an ambassador for the client, clearly living and demonstrating the Company's Vison and Values.
• Manage and take ownership of all matters related to customer accounts, ensuring input is sought from other functions in order to meet revenue and volume growth.
• Negotiate commercial deals and draft contractual agreements in conjunction with the Head of Commercial and with support from other members of the team.
• Manage existing commercial agreements in relation to performance and pricing on a structured basis and in conjunction with regular review meetings with the customer.
• Assist the Head of Commercial with preparation of Board Papers and completion of financial back checks, as required, to ensure that commercial prospects receive approval and are in line with customers' expectations and the company's financial targets.
• Participate or lead in Company Industry Teams and develop new opportunities and partnerships in relevant sectors to the region.
• Recommend the Company's national portfolio of ports, by developing and maintaining strong networking links with key stakeholders and the wider industry.
Skills, Experience and Competencies
• Graduate or at least 5 years' sales, marketing and business development experience
• Strong Commercial background.
• Demonstrable experience and capability to grow the business revenues and profitability
• Demonstrable customer services excellence.
• Presentation skills
• Tenacious and pro active
• Able to demonstrate significant experience of working in a Business Development / Commercial Department.
• Skilled in economic evaluation methodology.
• Experience and track record of negotiating at a high level.
• Good customer management/relationship skills.
• Strategic thinker identifying and delivering growth potential
• Industry experience including containers, bulks and liquids