HFR Solutions Working in Medium Risk Confined Space
HFR Solutions Medium-Risk Confined Space Training
By HFR Solutions CIC | Event Date: 18 Feb 2019
Date of Next Course: Monday 18th February 2019
Venue: Fire Service Headquarters, Hessle - Nr Hull
Duration: 3 -4 Hours Pre-Course eLearning
1 Day Practical Training
HFR Solutions CIC Medium-Risk Confined Space comprehensive training course (1 Day course eLearning and 1 day practical) will upskill your site or off-based personnel and provide them with the skills and knowledge to work in medium risk confined space environments, operate a safe system of work and deliver a self-assisted rescue in a hazardous environment.
Delegates will receive a thorough understanding of the dangers of working in a Medium Risk confined space, especially where specified risks may be present. The course is a blend of theory and practical learning, working to National Occupational Standards and is designed to ensure your employees comply with the Confined Space Regulations 1997.
This Medium-Risk Confined Space training course forms part of the range of confined space training courses HFR Solutions CIC delivers;
- Low-Risk Confined space
- Medium-Risk Confined Space
- High-Risk Confined Space
The Medium-Risk Confined Space training course syllabus covers the following elements;
- Recognition of confined spaces
- Dangers associated with classified confined space areas
- Hazardous atmospheres
- Use of multi-gas monitors
- Human respiratory system
- Risk assessments
- Permits to Work
- Safe systems of work for entry into confined space
- Methods of communication
- Disease and personal hygiene associated with confined spaces
- Use of self-contained escape breathing apparatus
- Emergency procedures
- Rescue and recovery of casualties
- Current confined Space Legislation
- Course assessment and feedback
Delegates will gain the skills and knowledge to work in medium risk confined space, operate a safe system of work, and carry out basic self and assisted rescue including the use of escape breathing apparatus in a hazardous environment.
How will you and your delegates benefit?
The HFR Solutions Medium-Risk Confined Space training course syllabus outlines the expectations and demands required for working in spaces classified as medium-risk and delegates benefit by gaining a thorough understanding of;
- Relevant confined space legislation - how industry legislation effects confined space working areas
- Standards and guidance
- Responsibilities of employees
- Levels of competency required by employees and contractors
- Specialised knowledge such as escape breathing apparatus and undertake self and assisted rescue plans
- Rescue techniques for self and assisted rescue techniques
- Equipment used for safely working in confined spaces
Upon successful completion of the Medium-Risk Confined Space Training Course, delegates will receive their certificate to confirm successful completion of the course.