HFR Solutions 2 Day GWO First Aid Training Course
GWO First Aid Training Course
By HFR Solutions CIC | Event Date: 28 Feb 2019
Achieve your GWO Accredited First Aid accreditation
Date of Next Course: Thursday 28th February 2019
Venue: Fire Service Headquarters, Hessle - Nr Hull
Duration: Two Days
Awarding Body: GWO (Global Wind Organisation)
The GWO First Aid training course will enable delegates to learn and administer effective first aid techniques in the offshore renewables industry, to comply with GWO basic safety training standards.
Due to remote and harsh working environments, teams operating within the renewables and offshore wind sectors have to be totally confident of being able to deliver first aid and basic life-support should the need occur.
GWO training qualifications compass the following five key modules;
- GWO Fire Awareness
- GWO First Aid
- GWO Manual Handling
- GWO Sea Survival
- GWO Working at Heights
Delegates attending this course will experience a mixture of learning methods to maintain and increase their first aid competency levels and is suitable for personnel working both onshore and offshore.
Looking to work within the renewables sector or revalidate your existing GWO First Aid qualifications
GWO First Aid Course Syllabus
Our GWO First Aid Training Course syllabus comprehensively covers the following key elements of first aid and its applied techniques such as;
- Health and safety duties of employers and employees
- Overview of relevant legislation, standard and guidance
- Incident / Injury detecting and reporting
- Injuries and illnesses of the human body (signs, symptoms and remedies)
- Hazards and risks in the workplace
- Correct use of techniques for first aid and lifesaving
- Risk assessments and control measures for First Aid.
- Equipment used to initiate first aid.
- Emergency procedure and safety Instructions
- Environment factors and site-specific health and safety procedures
- ABC technique
- AED technique
- Rice method
- CPR method
Use of first aid equipment
We also provide a one-day GWO First Aid Refresher course as well as.
How will you and your delegates benefit?
HFR Solutions unrivalled facilities providing an ideal learning environment for delegates to learn best practice procedures for first aid and basic life support, the associated risks and relevant legislation.
The learning outcomes for delegates attending our GWO First Aid training course will include:
- Renew or gain the industry approved GWO First Aid accreditation
- Compliance with GWO standards
- Improved knowledge and increased competency – greater insight and ability to implement best practice first aid
- Delivered by workplace safety specialists with vast experience of delivering first aid and medical training for the renewables sector
- Covers all the comprehensive elements of first aid and basic life support application
- Will provide delegates with the confidence to administer basic first aid basic life-support should they