HFR Solutions 1/2 Day GWO Manual Handling Training Course
GWO Manual Handling Training Course
By HFR Solutions CIC | Event Date: 27 Mar 2019
Humberbusiness.com Website - GWO Manual Handling Course Content
Achieve your GWO Manual Handling accreditation
Date of Next Course: Wednesday 27th March 2019
Venue: Fire Service Headquarters, Hessle - Nr Hull
Duration: ½ Day
Awarding Body: GWO (Global Wind Organisation)
The GWO Manual Handling training course will reinforce correct and positive manual handling techniques and safe working practices.
Offshore teams consisting of technicians, contractors and operations and maintenance specialists will be required to undertake a variety of tasks once on site at a wind farm location. Therefore, serious consideration must be given for the transportation of any equipment and tools required to successfully complete these jobs. This may involve transferring heavy equipment from shoreline to offshore locations, which may provide a manual handling headache and logistical challenge.
By implementing best practice lifting techniques and manual handling behaviours, delegates will be able to perform manual handling activities in a safe and controlled manner.
GWO training qualifications compass the following five key modules;
- GWO Fire Awareness
- GWO First Aid
- GWO Manual Handling
- GWO Sea Survival
- GWO Working at Heights
Delegates attending this course will experience a mixture of blended learning methods to reinforce safe and best practice manual handling principles relevant for personnel and teams working both onshore and offshore.
The GWO Manual Handling standard outlines the basic safety and competence recommended by the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) trade associations, for personnel involved with work on wind turbines and any associated site or project infrastructure within the renewables sector.
The GWO Manual Handling Training Course syllabus covers the following elements;
- General health and safety duties of employers/employees
- Overview of relevant legislation, standards and guidance
- Incident / Injury reporting
- Manual handling outline / hierarchical approach
- Hazards and risks associated with manual handling
- Principles of spinal / shoulder anatomy and potential for injury
- Neutral posture / signs and symptoms of injury
- Equipment pre and post use checks
- Housekeeping / Planning / Environmental factors
- Benefit of warm-up/ stretches / causes and consequences of injury
- Early detection and treatment
- Risk assessments / Control measures
- Safe lifting techniques
We deliver the ½ Day GWO Manual Handling training course on the same day as the ½ Day GWO Fire Safety training course.
How will you and your delegates benefit?
HFR Solutions GWO Manual Handling course syllabus will cover all key elements of best practice manual handling procedures relevant to the renewables sector, which include;
Employers and employee health and safety duties
- Relevant legislation, guidance and standards and how it affects you
- Injury and incident reporting
- Hierarchical approach – manual handling outline
- Risk and hazards associated with manual handling
- The potential for injury – principles of spinal and shoulder anatomy
- Injury symptoms – neutral body posture and the signs
- Pre and post equipment use checks
- Housekeeping, planning and environmental factors
- Benefit of stretches, warms up, causes and consequences of injury
- Early detection and treatment
- Control measures and risk assessment
- Safe lifting procedures and techniques
HFR Solutions unrivalled facilities providing an ideal learning environment for delegates to learn safe manual handling techniques, which are relevant to the renewables and offshore wind sectors as well as industry legislation.
Upon successfully completing the GWO Manual Handling Training Course, delegates will receive their GWO Manual Handling certificate to confirm successful completion of the course.