HFR Solutions 1/2 Day GWO Fire Awareness Course
GWO Fire Awareness Course
By HFR Solutions CIC | Event Date: 30 Jan 2019
Achieve your GWO Fire Awareness accreditation
Date of Next Course: Wednesday 30th January 2019
Venue: Fire Service Headquarters, Hessle - Nr Hull
Duration: ½ Day
Awarding Body: GWO (Global Wind Organisation)
The GWO Fire Awareness training course will equip delegates with the confidence, competency and skill to effectively respond to a fire incident within the offshore wind sector. Delegates trained by HFR Solutions will experience a blended mix of theoretical and practical learning, including realistic ‘live’ fire training, helping to increase their existing knowledge base and to cater for differing learning styles.
This course will increase a participant’s knowledge of fire prevention and extinguishing equipment.
The ½ Day GWO Fire Awareness training module forms part of the overall suite of GWO Basic Safety Training modules that HFR Solutions CIC delivers;
- GWO Fire Awareness
- GWO Manual Handling
- GWO First Aid
- GWO Sea Survival
- GWO Working at Heights
The GWO Fire Awareness Training Course syllabus covers the following elements;
Delegates attending our GWO Fire Awareness training course will gain a comprehensive overview of fire safety and prevention procedures affecting the renewables sector as well as elements highlighted in the syllabus below:
- Employee personal responsibilities
- Relevant legislation
- Industry standards and guidance
- The spread of fire and fire combustion
- Fire risk and hazards affecting the Wind industry
- Preventing and extinguishing a fire
- Control measures such as risk assessments for fire awareness
- Fire prevention and firefighting equipment relevant to the Wind industry
- Safety instructions and emergency procedures
- Understanding the relevance of site-specific Health & Safety procedures and rules
We deliver the ½ Day GWO Fire Awareness training course on the same day as the ½ Day GWO Manual Handling training course.
How will you and your delegates benefit?
The GWO Fire Safety training course syllabus outlines the general health and safety duties of employers to their employees in terms of fire safety and prevention and covers the following key elements;
- Personal responsibilities of employees and the self-employed
- Overview of relevant legislation
- Overview of relevant standards & guidance
- Fire combustion and Fire spread
- Hazards and risks relating to fires within the Wind industry
- Fire prevention
- Fire extinguishing
- Risk assessments and control measures for Fire Awareness
- Firefighting equipment used within the Wind industry
- Emergency procedures and safety instructions
- Appreciate the relevance of different company/site specific H&S procedures and rules
The GWO Fire Safety standard outlines the basic safety training and competence recommended by Global Wind Organisation (GWO) trade associations for personnel involved with work on wind turbines and any associated site or project infrastructure.
Upon successfully completing the GWO Fire Awareness Training Course, delegates will receive their GWO Fire Awareness certificate to confirm successful completion of the course.